Doing my small little part to cheer up someone, somewhere and sometime.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Miracles do happen - Part 1

I am writing to encourage some of those who may feel dissappointed with life as if life deal them a lemon, a curve ball or just plain unfair.

A while back at the prime age of 25 I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. It was discovered after I was loosing an inch of my waistline a week. I was very happy loosing weight but then the sypmtoms were too obvious to ignore.....the thirst, toilet trips and fatigue....

I went to the clinic to do a blood test for diabetes, cancer and thyroid disease. A few days later a nurse called and asked me to go in immediately to meet the doctor. She wouldn't discuss the results over the phone, so those were the longest minutes/drive of my life.

When I got there, the doctor did a random blood sugar test on 1 of those mobile testing machines and it hit the roof i.e. 29 mmol/l and the doctor had to order a full lab test blood sugar because those mobile machines are not build to measure such high levels. According to the doctor, at those levels I should be in a coma and bigger machines would be used on me by then.

See miracles do happen, I didn't lapse into a coma and I even drove myself back to pack my bags and to arrange for a few errands much to the disbelief of the doctor.....to be continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home