Doing my small little part to cheer up someone, somewhere and sometime.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Can I try??

Did a "Can I try?" at the tax office recently.

What did I do? Well I wanted a statement that shows I have no outstanding tax but the lady at the counter says she can't print b'cos the program doesn't have such function. Not wanting to take no for an answer I asked and pestered her for awhile and she graciously let me look at the screen etc and I thot well if I can't get a printout at least get a screen capture print. In case my term seems like some high tech blabber to you, it isn't.......just press Ctrl+Prnt Scrn and paste it on MS Word/Notepad and you will get the screen shot. Thanks to windows based stuff.....at least I can do a screen capture and get the info I need on print.....even if it is not "official" but at least I have some backup just in case I need to show that I have done my part to get an update.

This reminds me of another incident a few years back when the doom of Y2K was upon us. Went to a bank to do some transaction and they just had an upgrade to a windows based system. When the girl clicked.....she was a bit confused.....she can't find the button to click next.....hhhmmm thinking to myself what's wrong after a couple of seconds. Then she called her supervisor who was equally blur.....so I kinda strained my neck to see on the screen and noticed the window has opened kinda half way across the screen, so the button that was supposed to show was out of the screen range i.e. "hilang" as the bank teller puts it...so I said "Just pull the window up and you will see the button". Both looked at me as if I was from Mars or something....then I kinda reached over the counter while asking "Can I try?". So I proceeded to click and pull the window up.....and both of them looked at me as if I was David Copperfield. Then the supervisor asked me if I work in a bank??!!

Well well.....don't ask me which bank.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home