Doing my small little part to cheer up someone, somewhere and sometime.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Rubik's Cube & Rumah Hope

Had a trip down memory lane last Fri/Sat...SG bought some Rubik's Cube to bring to Rumah Hope. This will be the 2nd time our group is visiting Rumah Hope. To most of us old folks....it is a trip down memory lane playing with the cube (I still can't do the 6 sides, despite SG patiently explaining to me, I shall buy another and practice at home). I suspect to the children in Rumah Hope, it probably is a new toy to them since I haven't seen it being on sale for a long long time.

A while back I discovered some being sold in a small bookshop in Giant Kelana Jaya, so I bought 1 for RM 3.50 I think....opcors China mari....and there are lessons to learn here, cos SG was doing more repair work then actually teaching the kids on how to solve the cube on Sat. As the saying goes, cheap things aren't good, good things aren't cheap....so SG had his hands full "repairing" broken up cubes....

The kids looked genuinely thrilled trying to solve it. We had a great time there and cheah cheah Lee San and cheah cheah Hui Mei were really good with the songs. Arnold's group was there too and the kids had a great time getting him to draw Spiderman and Batman for their bookmarks. Mee Mee did a great job teaching and doing arts and craft with the kids....bookmarks, wallet cards and name cards.....they had great fun. SG & Dominic were guitar teachers for a day.

Back to the cube.....I always envied my brother who could do the 6-face cube and also the triangular 4-face what do u call it.......tricube....triube.....whatever.....in no time. Seriously I shall buy 1.....oh that's because the 1 I bought fell apart and not being an engineer by training and also the bulb was kinda dim in the brain....I just threw it away....not knowing it could be pieced back (again thanks to SG.....hahaha).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home