Doing my small little part to cheer up someone, somewhere and sometime.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Master I am not

In my desperate attempt to prolong the weekend (eventhough I had a 3 day weekend thanks to replacement holiday for Wesak), I am now suffering from post long weekend blues.....(paraphrase from the wise.....Ah Li).

Well we drove back to Penang over the weekend. Was quite a nice drive around the evening of Friday. Reached Ipoh for our dinner - yyuummmmm Ipoh chicken rice......the battle of the authentic chicken rice.

Which brings me to the next point.....do u go to the 1 with all the mat sallehs or the 1 with all the locals.....which is better? more authentic? more......original so to speak. Well we went for the dimly lit, wet floor and with walls that needs a thorough Gif scrubbing shop. Guess you can call that more authentic or original.....all the grime and dirt from the original owners etc etc. Does that turn up your appetite??

Well if it helps I didn't get stomach ache or anything.....so it must have been fine. One thing I noticed the "taugeh" is really short, chubby and full of water.....I am not talking about my fingers.....the bean sprout.....friends have told me it must be the water from the limestone hills around the area.

Sunday was another sleep in day......so nice.....dinner was also great, went to this place, (don't ask me where....I was only the driver) had like 6 dishes for 4 adults and it only came up to slightly less than Rm 50 (though we noticed later that they left out the fried chicken, which will probably cost another Rm 10). We had assam prawns, fried taufu, pig's trotter, asparagus, mutton curry and friend chicken.....phew that was quite a feast.....there goes my diet plans........what diet plans? you ask.....thou shall not even ask further......hell has no fury like a dieter's effort ignored.....

Have a great week......short week too....how nice.......but there will not be anymore until August......ah the king should have chosen a Fri or Mon for his birthday.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home