Doing my small little part to cheer up someone, somewhere and sometime.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Painfully slow slow......notebook

In this day and age of super duper computer and fast internet......I have been afflicted with the equivalent of a curse and disease that equals the most horrible of the horrible.

1st my computer has been very very very slow.......every click on a powerpoint/word/excel takes 1 second to process and email systems has been ....."Not Responding" every single time I click on it..........red flag...kena virus........die die......

Did all the standard procedure........virus scan, adware scan bla bla bla......too no avail.

Then I noticed the light of my hard disk keeps blinking and never stops.......ah some program keeps running at the background.......eating my resources......ah ha....task manager should be useful.....

Alas the malware has attacked the task manager and rendered it unaccessible.....so I know I have malicious program running but can't get to them......how painful....almost like having an itch on my nose but can't scratch it......arghhhhhh.

Called the MIS.....came to trouble shoot for half a day.....final verdict......REFORMAT your hard disk.......:( :(.......aiyoh.....that will keep me off at least another day...have to back up my hard disk then reformat and then copy back to hard disk......I have lost 2 days oredi since the attack...looks like I will limp thru this week......hopefully to recover before the week is out.

painful...painful............the only thing not affected is internet access.....so what to do?? blog loh? aiyah.....so here I am writing a medical note on my painful painful episode of computer virus wrecking havoc on my work life........sad huh?.......and office has been limping along as the secretary has a real life medical condition and has been for a week and will only be back next week so most of us also have to double up as office admin/PA/secretary........can it get any worse???

Let's take a step back........breathe in breathe out..........think nice sandy beach.....clear water.......hhhmmmm hope my Redang break turns out as nice as my imagination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home