Doing my small little part to cheer up someone, somewhere and sometime.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

My Ringgit coin episode :)

Decided to try my luck today by paying RM 1 coin for food. Luckily the stall owner (different shop from my 1 sen episode) did not make a fuss.

Thus I could enjoy my chicken rice and at the same time use my soon-to-be-not-legal-tender. Save my trips to the bank to exchange them. On the same note recently I got a RM 1 note from the previous series, wonder if they are still legal tender?

I found out that restaurants are also very courteous in accepting 1 sen coins. But I got short-changed 3 sens the other day while buying mooncakes.....thot of pulling a HL-stubborn-principled stand of not letting big corporations make even more moolah.....then again the shop's workers and bosses have been very kind to let us taste quite a few mooncakes and also gave us 20% off our purchases so was kinda "pai seh" to insist on my 3 sens. I am sure if the big guys offer me an extra helping of fries or a leaf or two extra of lettuce I may also let them short change me..... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home