Doing my small little part to cheer up someone, somewhere and sometime.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

What to do if Emergency strikes??!!

If a state of emergency is declared tomorrow because of the haze, what am I gonna do?

1. Search for all the VCDs I bought but never got to watch yet.
2. Make sure there is enough food in apartment to last for the period of emergency.

Come to think of it I am quite sure not many of my friends experience curfew before. I think the last and only time I experienced curfew was 1986 or sometime eons ago. It was the change of state government after many years of Berjaya I think.

It was not smooth transition to say the least. A state of emergency was declared in my home state. I think it was from 6/8pm to 6am everyday. Can't remember for how long. It was quite interesting, because we got to start school a bit late (well the school was relax on the timing b'cos of the curfew). Then everyone would rush home and lock their doors and draw their curtains early.

Life was quite scary then, long before terrorism registered in my vocabulary.....I had to look out for my dad's car and make sure no one suspicious walked close to it or drop a "package" near by. Well a few home made bombs were set of here and there, nothing major more like petrol bomb and smaller ones.

Remembered a family friend who sold off their kindergarten business to go back to Taiwan. They had to apply for a special pass from the police etc to go to airport at night. Road blocks were enacted along major roads and army with M-16 were roaming the streets etc.

Then again state of emergency may not equate curfew.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home