Doing my small little part to cheer up someone, somewhere and sometime.

Monday, July 18, 2005

What a blessed weekend :)

I remember worrying about what to do? How to behave? What to say? But somehow this time round I just went ahead without much analysing or preparation other than praying about it (I have to confess prayer was treated like some last resort/"one for the road" kind of preparation instead of having faith that prayers move mountains - how little faith I have :(

Our CCF Group went to Rumah Hope last Saturday. It was really eye-opening and really warmed my heart to see little friends who are so full of energy and happy despite coming from rather challenging background.

It reminded me of the essence of a simple life. All a person ever really need in life are very basic things - food, shelter and companionship. And of course God. I don't think our contribution was much but the fun and laughter that the kids gave me was really great. We sang and played some games and kids being kids some are naughtier and some are very timid. Somehow I have this nice feeling in me that I can't pin-point, probably it is a bit of a refreshing experience in my rather uneventful working life. Haha.............


It's not me, it's not me
Somehow Murphy's Law has a way of making its presence felt.

"Dub....dub....dub.....dub, sounds of heartbeat gettinig louder, beads of sweat forming on forehead, ears start to turn red and hot, palms start to sweat and eyes start to turn blurry......"

Not quite so dramatic but yeah, while manning the projector, the DVD I was trying to play for the speaker stalled twice on the same spot. Having a separate disc didn't help much too as it also stalled at the same spot. I was looking rather helplessly at the "Multimedia Expert" and hoping maybe somehow he could work some miracle to help me out. After a few tries we just had to accept that it couldn't be help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home