Doing my small little part to cheer up someone, somewhere and sometime.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I fried my brain with movies.......

Caught 2 movies recently.....felt I have made my Ringgit work hard enough for both. They will fall in between Shrek and Austin Powers for my "knock me in the head with something different" movie scale. Oh ok.....maybe not Mr & Mrs Smith but I have to agree....the marriage counselor scenes are very enjoyable and almost on par with the gun-fighting scenes.....opcors the chemistry of the couple is very very.....believable.......not...yes.....not....yes...go figure yourself.


Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Not your usual Hollywood fare..... very funny.....if I understood the jokes correctly....very British at that. Love the dark humour and jokes of it ALL.....ALL.....ALL. Love Marvin (was that the name?!) the always depressed robot which knows everything.....so cute and funny..... :) The planet that uses fly-swatter to hit people's nose when they think was really effective in converting people into brainless morons. You have to catch it and reflect on the cliches and irony of all the jokes in there. Deep-thought was great.....and opcors the famous idiot box was there to punch-in the irony of it all. Really enjoyed it very much.


Mr & Mrs Smith

Thot it would be an eye candy show, but it turned out quite nice.....with me almost reaching for a tissue.....then again pardon this guy who watched Titanic 5 times and still couldn't come out with dry eyes. Yes 5 times.....all at the cinema.....yes all at the cinema.... :) Loved the marriage counselor scenes and somehow it drove home some points. The high tech gadgets and stuff really adds to the whole story rather than makes it like a James Bond movie.....where you go for gadgets and nice cars only.....ok and the girls too.

OK so my brains got fried recently.....big deal.....have a great week ahead. Urrgghhh I am suffering from lack of brain cells. Help.... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home