Doing my small little part to cheer up someone, somewhere and sometime.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

8 Feb 2004, Butterworth

6 Feb 04
The whole episode began with a bang. Parents, brother and relatives all flew in from KK for their bus trip to Penang on 7 Feb. Imagine the logistics of coordinating the time, air tickets (thanks to AirAsia, the hole in my pocket was somewhat smaller), transport around KL and accommodation in KL. A simple thing like having dinner is suddenly amplified by the number of people involved. Thanks to all the patience of everyone, everything went really well.

7 Feb 04
Then the trip to Penang, 1st we (CH & I) started late from KL, then we were lost because of the detour due to the landslide Bukit Lanjan. Praise God we arrived in good time. The pre-wedding dinner at my in-laws place was superb. The authentic Penang dishes they served earned tremendous reviews from my relatives and also my uncle's bro-in-law who were back together with my 3rd Uncle mom-side from Canada for a holiday.

8 Feb 04
Then dinner reception for my wife side. It was the usual chinese dinner with the karaoke all in. Pretty fun and loud.....what is an authentic chinese dinner without the karaoke and loud toasts. At the end of it was telling wife, "One done, 2 to go.....hi ho hi ho...."

Then it was back to KL to prepare for the church wedding and dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home