Doing my small little part to cheer up someone, somewhere and sometime.

Monday, September 05, 2005

Where did I go?

It would have been such a historic event - one worthy of me kissing the ground and smelling the dirt of the land of my ancestors.....if it was in much much earlier times, yup you guessed it went to China.

Xian to be exact, never knew it was such a historic city until was told by the couple of tour guides that took us on a couple of tours. To confess I had held my expectations very low for fear of disappointing myself, but to my surprise it was much much better than expected. The city center will pass off like any suburban area in PJ and Subang in terms of trendy shops, buildings etc oh in terms of cars too....so many of them.....jams jams jams....the hall mark of progress. But at least the jams are pretty fast moving. Somehow it seems like whereever you go in China -people, cars and buildings multiply by 10 times at least. And the city is one whole construction yard much like KL 5 to 10 years back - high rise apartments/condos, convention center, hotels etc etc all over the place as if in a rush to outdo each other.

More updates when I have time......

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is creative Keep up the great work. I'm sure you'd be interested in quaker about info on quaker

1:24 PM

 
Blogger fatboybakes said...

err yerr, really ah? when i went to Xian, 11 years ago, it was a sleepy shanty town, with barely any cars. Xian is where the terra kote warriors are right? but yalar, china has changed soooo much over the years.

4:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home