Doing my small little part to cheer up someone, somewhere and sometime.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

My poor old travelling bag

My poor old travelling bag had chipped 1 zip handle (dunno what's the proper term for it) when wife used it the last time. It could still be used i.e. locked with the zip handle from the "extension" zip and the main compartment zip.

But something really funny happened while in India.....when I reached Chennai, the zip handle were cut...both of them and placed next to my bag on the baggage carousel??? I was thinking what is this?? Then a fellow Mlaaysian delegate mentioned that in flights to US they would open bags to check.....and if your locks are somehow not able to be open discreetly by airline/security personnel they will just cut it or damaged your lock??!! Was tired and late and didn't want to hold up the whoel delegation so I didn't complain or anything.....wonder if anyone has the same experience. Nothing was missing and it doesn't looked like the bag was ransacked. and the fact that the zip handle is placed next to my bag lends some truth to it??!! But thot the airline/security should inform passengers so a least I can unlock the thing......now my poor old bag has no zip handle, so it was quite a chore unpacking my luggage.

Luckily wife found this shop that does bag repair in KL....quite reasonable too RM 18 for all the zips i.e. 2 for a 20/24 inch bag, can't remember the size. Hopefully it will be like new after the repair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home