Doing my small little part to cheer up someone, somewhere and sometime.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Sure no prob.....ooops

Those few words summarise what I have gotten myself into this Christmas. It all began with a nice soothing voice over the handphone...."Can you help out on projector for the Cantata next Friday?" That's like 1 week ago. So it was like reflex action that I mumbled something like ..."sure no prob..."

Then Tues nite it dawn on me...what??!! so many diff programs?? Skit, children choir, 2 videos, combinations of camera & PC presentations, main choir....and guess who needs to control all the switching....me??!! Aiyoh......such a "complex" production and thanks to CH there are more and more gadgets on the table.....let's see what a LCD operator has to deal with on a Sunday?

1. 3 projectors to control.
2. The usual worship and sermon stuff - powerpoint for songs and sermons and videos.
3. Wireless Instant Messaging (that explains the wireless access point sitting prettily on the edge of the table). (Luckily CH is not insisting that we use this). Already there are too many "Windows" to manage on the PC.
4. Switching from PC to camera to PC etc.
5. So depending on the complexity of the session - one will be frantically clicking and pounding keyboards etc.

So you see, to date this is probably the most complex session that I have to deal with.....some how friends keep telling me I always get the best training......get thrown at the deep end from the start.

My sessions are always full of interesting training - exceptionally more cars need to repark, last minute videos to play, last minute presentations, last minute coordination with story telling and have to click precisely at certain parts, video won't work (no matter what I do - short of acting out the clip myself), change in software and presentation mode etc etc. And now this??!!

Well I thought I will get a relatively stress free Christmas....looks like not really.

But hey then again it is Christmas.....the best time of the year.....maybe I should be thankful that I could celebrate it, all because someone came 2,000 years ago.

So consider this an open invitation to all and join us at FBC Pantai, 8pm, 23 Friday 2005 for a night of music presented by a 70-strong choir, skit and adorable children choir too.

See you there..... :) :) :)

1 Comments:

Blogger jesscet said...

LOL (sorry, not laughing at your adversity) but hey, maybe u are meant to be in this Ministry so the Lord has been giving you more `intensive training' with all the complex stuff!! ;)

don't worry, just do your best. like what us singers are gonna do too..

5:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home